This route is the most ‘marine’ of the collection. It passes along a coastline of cliffs and coves bathed by a sea of crystal-clear water, with hidden nooks and breathtaking sunsets.
With views of islets, cliffs and a typical watchtower, we can enjoy very stony paths, woods, and, of course, a short mountain bike trail so as not to forget the mountain and its undulations
We depart from Sant Antoni and head for the coast where we start following the shoreline. We pass many of its acclaimed coves: Cala Bassa, Cala Roja, Platges de Comte, and Cala Codolar. And we can enjoy a detour to visit the Torre d’En Rovira located on a majestic point that juts into the sea.
We continue with our ‘coastal trade route’ until, after passing Cala Corral, we start the return leg through the interior, that is, climbing a small mountain by a fairly hard track surrounded by pine trees which turns into the descent: a short but fun, intense mountain bike trail. We continue descending while we pass by Puig d´En Lluc and Puig des Rafals until, now moving easily on flat terrain, we return to Sant Antoni to finish the route where we began.
Longitud – 27,67 KM
Tiempo estimado – 3-4 horas
Ascenso total – 468
Descenso total – 468
Carretera – 40%
Pista – 40%
Camino – 20%
Dificultad técnica – Media
Dificultad física – Media
Dificultad global – ROJA
1. Departure. We start at the Cala de Bou roundabout in Avenue Dr. Fleming, next to the route information sign, heading west along the street which we follow for 3 km.
2. At the crossroads, right turn. We arrive at a crossroads and we turn to the right. We go straight along this street for 2 km.
3. Go straight ahead. There is a crossroads where we go straight on and continue along the street, heading west.
4. Left turn. We turn to the left into the Conca Street, passing a marker sign for another route. A little further on we turn to the right at a path.
5. Left turn. We reach a small clearing next to some houses and we turn left. We continue in that direction until we reach a street where we also go straight on.
6. Right turn at the road. We come to a road where we turn to the right. We go straight along this street without turning off.
7. Go straight ahead onto the track. At a curve in the road, we go straight on, entering a dirt track. At the following fork we turn left next to a house.
8. Right turn at the crossroads. We arrive at a crossroads and we turn to the right. At the following fork we take the path to the right.
9. At the crossroads, straight ahead. At this crossroads, go straight along the same track. At the following crossroads, we take the track to the left.
10. Right turn at the path. At this altitude we take the path full of stones that turns off to the right and we start going down. At the following crossroads we carry on descending, going straight on.
11. Right turn at the road. We arrive at a road and we turn to the right until we reach Cala Bassa where we turn left along a track.
12. Right fork. Just in front of some private property we turn right and continue straight on at the following crossroads.
13. Left turn at the path. We arrive at the end of the path and we turn left along a path through a wood. The next stretch is a bit labyrinthine – the key is to keep heading northwest.
14. Left turn. We arrive at the cliff of Cala Roja and we turn to the left, going around it.
15. Left turn. Here we can turn right to visit the Torre d’En Rovira and then return to this point, or we can turn left and continue along the route.
16. Right fork. We turn right until another cliff and we continue along the coastline until Platges de Comte.
17. Left turn. We arrive at Platges de Comte and -next to a car park- we turn left between dunes to connect with a dirt track heading south.
18. Left turn at crossing. When we reach this crossroads next to some houses we turn left and continue straight on so as to go around the coast in a southerly direction.
19. Left turn. We reach a house which we go around to the left and then continue along a track towards the left.
20. Right turn at the road. On arriving at this road, we turn right and go along the road until we arrive at an urbanisation where we turn left. At the following crossroads, turn right.
21. Go straight ahead. We go straight on at these crossroads and then turn right, going down some stairs.
22. Left turn at the track. We arrive at Cala Codolar and we turn left along the track which we follow without turning off.
23. Right turn at the crossroads. At this crossroads we turn right and turn left at the following crossroads.
24. Left turn. We pass by an urbanisation and we turn to the left. At the following fork, we take the right and go along the main track.
25. Right turn at the road. We arrive at a road and we follow it to the right. Some 30 metres further on we turn right along a path.
26. Right turn at the road. We go down to the right along this road and then we turn left. We go straight on until we connect with the track.
27. Right turn at the track. We turn to the right at this crossroads and we continue along the track without turning off. At the following fork we take the right.
28. Left turn. We arrive at a track and we turn to the left, then we turn to the left again and we start the ascent.
29. Left turn onto the path. Among the trees we see a path to the left and we turn into it, starting a hard stretch.
30. Go straight ahead. We carry on without turning off until a house where we continue on the track ahead.
31. Go straight ahead. Here we go straight on and at the following fork take the left. We continue along the same track without turning off.
32. Left turn at the road. We turn left along the road and at the following crossroads turn left. We continue along the same road without turning off.
33. Left turn onto the track. We cross the road and we enter a track to the left. At the following crossroads, we turn right.
34. Left turn. We arrive at a track and we turn left, and turn right at the following crossroads.
35. Left turn at the road. At this crossroads we turn left and a little further on we turn right into a dirt track.
36. Go straight ahead. At this crossroads we go straight on along a path with walls which we follow without joining the road to the right. Turn right at the following fork.
37. Go straight onto the track. We leave a path and we go straight into a track, crossing the road.
38. Right turn at the street. We turn right and we enter the village along a street. At the following crossroads we turn left and go straight along this street without turning off.
39. End of the itinerary. We finish the route where we began.